The level of education and qualification obtainable in the master's programme as stated in the diploma:
- Level of education: magister, master (MA)
- Qualification: MSc in Regional and Environmental Economic Studies
Duration of the study programme: 4 semesters
ECTS credit requirement to obtain a master degree: 120 credits
Objectives of the study programme; professional competences to be acquired:
The objective of the study programme is to train experts, who by obtaining a high level theoretical and practical knowledge are able to analyse regional and ecological processes, to recognise relations and problems, to creatively and innovatively partake in regional and environmental policies, strategies and programmes and to follow regional and environmental sciences.
The students who graduate in the master's programme know:
- Basic information on micro- and macro economy, regional and settlement studies as well as environmental economic, geographic and social studies;
- Problem solving techniques to be applied as solutions to their tasks;
- Criteria and conditions of adapting the acquired knowledge in practice;
- Tools of orientation in the body of professional literature;
- Information and methods required to recognise and analyse practical problems occurring in the environment-conscious management of economic and regional development.
The master graduates are able to
- Work in the field of regional development and environment protection activities of various sectors, governmental and local bodies, institutions and companies;
- Work both independently and as part of a team in analysing and planning activities, as well as to manage such team work;
- Recognise and contribute to the decision-making process in social, economic and environmental problems occurring at settlement or regional level;
- Fulfill tasks in the government sector, international and private organisations and public institutions.