Bachelor Study Programme in International Studies (BA) on minor in European studies
The level of education and qualification obtainable in the master's programme as stated in the diploma:
- Level of education: baccalaureus, bachelor (BA)
- Qualification: International Relations Expert
Duration of study programme: 6 semesters
ECTS credits requirement to obtain the master's degree: 180 credits
Objectives of study programme; professional competences to be acquired:
The objective of the study programme is to train experts, who by obtaining a high level knowledge on international policy, economics, law and European Union are able to contribute to the solution of challenges arising from the European integration process; and efficiently apply the economic and institutional potentials in the public and non-profit sector, and local governments and institutions dealing with regional development.
The experts who graduate in the bachelor's programme are able to:
- Orientate themselves in an international life, by having obtained knowledge in international policy, economics and law;
- Apply concepts, theories and methods regarding international relations;
- Apply information regarding the legal and institutional structures of the European Union and integration.
The bachelor's level graduates are capable to
- Fulfill tasks related to the European Union in ministries, governmental bodies and public institutions;
- By having acquired knowledge of the common policies of the European Union, fulfill tasks related to the European membership arising at local governments, companies and the business sector;
- Write EU project applications and manage the implementation of projects.
The graduates of the study programme have outstanding cooperative and communication skills and a desire for high quality work; and are good at relation management, foreign languages and carrying responsibility.
Information on the application process
Students with a foreign nationality, with a (secondary) High School diploma may apply to the study programme.
- English speaking students or students obtaining their High School degree in English are not required to have a language exam
- Students are otherwise required to obtain any of the following language exams:
- TOEFL iBT 66 (or above),
- IELTS overall band 6.0 (or above),
- Another equivalent international language exam,
- Failing to fulfill the above criteria the students may apply but in the first semester of their studies they are limited to taking professional language courses only. Further courses may be taken only upon the successful fulfilment of the professional language courses.
Preconditions of application:
- Maximum 40 points may be obtained on the basis of the average high school diploma exam mark
- Another maximum 50 points can be given for the general professional and motivational interview
- Maximum 10 extra points can be given for professional experience and further diplomas of higher education gained in Public Administration or/and Economics
- The maximum of the obtainable points is 100, out of which 50 points are needed for a successful application.
Tuition fee is 2380 EUR/semester, which covers the study fees and accommodation (for the study period of 14 weeks + exam period of 6 weeks)
- General and technical information on the application process and on Kaposvar University:
- Information on the study programme: