The Animal nutrition and feed safety MSc programme is the ideal choice for anyone aiming to work in any field of animal production. The aim of this study programme is to train skilled professionals well equipped to tackle the problems of animal nutrition, feed production, feed and food safety and are able to perform planning, research and innovation duties. Graduated students will be able to fulfill the requirements of PhD admission.
Doctoral(PhD) School of Animal Science
The PhD students can perform research in the field of biological, genetic, nutritional, management, quality and food safety aspects of animal production, companion animal breeding, wild animal farming and environmental sciences.
The objective of the study programme is to train experts, who by obtaining a high level knowledge on international policy, economics, law and European Union are able to contribute to the solution of challenges arising from the European integration process; and efficiently apply the economic and institutional potentials in the public and non-profit sector, and local governments and institutions dealing with regional development.
The objective of the study programme is to train experts, who by obtaining a high level theoretical and practical knowledge are able to analyse regional and ecological processes, to recognise relations and problems, to creatively and innovatively partake in regional and environmental policies, strategies and programmes and to follow regional and environmental sciences.
The research in the Doctoral School for Management and Organisational Science involves economic policy focusing mainly for agricultural economics and policy, analysis of economic and market processes laying special emphasis on competitiveness, food marketing and world economics, regional development, rural policy and environmental public and business management.
Students with a foreign nationality, with a bachelor's level diploma may apply to the master's programme. Language prerequisites:
- English speaking students or students obtaining their bachelor's or master's degree in English are not requested to sit a language exam
- Students are otherwise required to obtain any of the following language exams
- TOEFL iBT 66 (or above),
- IELTS overall band 6.0 (or above),
- or another equivalent international language exam.
Preconditions of application:
- Maximum 40 points may be obtained on the basis of the average diploma exam mark
- Another maximum 50 points can be given for the general professional and motivational interview
- Maximum 10 extra points can be given for professional experience, publications and further diplomas gained in higher education in Economics
- The maximum of the obtainable points is 100, out of which 50 points are needed for a successful application.
Most important deadlines:
- Application form should be filled in.
- Deadline for submission of application form: 15. May 2017.
- Interviews will be organised to take place between 5-9 June 2017, upon individual appointments, personally or via Skype.
- The results of applications will be announced on 15 June 2017.
- The start of the academic year is 1 September 2017.
The prices are the fallows:
Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
MSc: Animal Nutrition and Feed Safety Manager – Tuition fee: 575 000 HUF/semester (approx. 2000 €/semester) + accommodation 600 €/semester
PhD Courses, Doctoral School in Animal Science: 1500 EURO / semester + accommodation 600 €/semester
Faculty of Economic Science
BA: International Studies – 1780 € + accommodation 600 €/semester
MSc: Regional and Environmental Economics – 1900 € + accommodation 600 €/semester
PhD Courses, Doctoral School in Management and Organizational Sciences: 1500 € / semester + accommodation 600 €/semester