Applicants may join the PhD programme as a self-funded student or with a scholarship (Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship).
If you choose to apply with scholarship, you will have to manage your application through Stipendium Hungaricum.
If you wish to join the programme as a self-funded student, the requirements for admission are the following:
Applicants are accepted into the PhD schools through an admission procedure. Standards for evaluating the applicants' achievements, when being considered for admission to the programmes, are grades obtained in graduate school, research activity carried out both before and after graduation, articles published, and an interview. These criteria ensure that only the most suitable applicants are chosen for the PhD School.
PhD students start their studies and research activities by following individual research plans under the guidance of the supervisors.
Requirements for admission to Doctoral studies:
Depending on the chosen scientific field (in the case of a maximum 5 years old diploma) - a Masters level university diploma, with a minimum 'good' final result
- a certificate of English language skills (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
- a draft research plan
- a well outlined, and up-to-date, knowledge of the literature within the chosen field of research
- practice in the experimental and methodological questions
- a written recommendation from a well-known scientific expert
- submission of the application form
- payment of the application fee (EUR, HUF).
The application form should be submitted to the head of the doctoral school, with the following documents attached:
- document proving the level of university education, or a diploma obtained at a Masters level of education (or an official copy of one of these)
- certificate of English language skills
- the dispatch note (receipt) of payment of the application fee
- full list of publications, documents confirming scientific activity
- a written letter of recommendation from a well-known Scientific expert
- all further documents pertinent to obtaining a higher application score
Applications are evaluated by the scoring method approved by the University Doctorate and Habilitation Board. The admission procedure takes place in the presence of the admissions board. The final evaluation is made by the admissions board, as selected by the University Doctorate and Habilitation Board- the basis of the evaluation consists out of: the oral admission examination and the submitted documents.
The deadline for submission of an application: 10th June 2020
Possible applicants will be informed of the exact date of the oral admission examination (the expected date is July 2020) via e-mail.
For further information please contact Ms Zsófia MÓGA moga [DOT] zsofia [AT] ke [DOT] hu